I have filed the following complaint anywhere I can:

This is a complaint about the branch manager of the Yorkville Il location. I opened an account with Midland about a year and half ago when I moved to Yorkville. I had opened a checking account for daily use. A representative named Clarissa was absolutely wonderful, she was always considerate and was always looking out for my best interest. I have recently moved to Naperville Il which is an hour away from any branches, this makes it very difficult for me to use on a daily basis so I wanted to close my checking account, I did however want to get more information about at least opening a savings account and keeping that with Midland but I know there is a variety of savings accounts Midland offers, some of which have minimum amounts required and so forth. This was something I needed more information on, however I am at the point where I want absolutely nothing to ever do with this bank! For over a month now I have been trying to get my Checking account closed, I had a situation of fraud happen to me as it is, someone gained access to my card information specifically through amazon.com and charged my account $100.00 for some prime membership, when I spoke with amazon someone was trying to purchase things and have it shipped to another state. This membership hit my account as I was preparing to close it and it over drafted my account. Midland advised me that they could not close the account with it in the negative and as soon as it credited they can remove the fees & they can close the account. I had went in to the Plainfield branch on a Saturday to try and make sure the fees were waived and this can get closed, which I was told they cannot remove fees on this day and I had to wait until the next business day. I had also discussed this situation via email with Clarissa and Domenica to have this account closed.

This account was never closed, as the weeks went by I received notice in the mail that I owed $200.00, It turns out this account was not closed and another situation happened with AT&T. They had pulled an amount from the wrong account, they acknowledged the error and reversed the transaction. However I was left still with $61.00 worth of overdraft fees. Now I am being told the same thing that they cannot close this account because it is in the negative because of the fees. I was told by Domenica that they cannot remove the fees because of the courtesy one they already gave me and the Branch manager cannot do anything about it, so I should call customer service and they have that authority. When I called customer service I am being told now that the Branch manager has that authority not customer service. Meaning that Branch manager just refuses to waive the fees and is blaming it on “Not having the Authority” , this was an error to begin with because the account was not closed weeks prior. I am assuming the Branch Manager is having the mentality that Because I am closing an account with them they just want to get as much money as possible because I will no longer be a client of theirs. I DID want to remain a client, just not with my Primary Checking account anymore. The fact that the Branch Manager never reached out to me personally despite this ongoing issue, and tried lying by saying they did not have the authority when in fact they DID. They chose to not assist me in this, and as for the overdraft that was REVERESED already I do not understand why I am being forced to pay the fees!? All I am gathering from this scenario is that Midland bank is more concerned about making money off those fees rather than my personal situation. Why would I ever chose to be with a bank that does not care to keep their customers or look out for their well-being? I have never in my life seen such horrible customer satisfaction. I will not be entrusting my money with such a greedy bank that does not care. I will as well be sure to inform others of my experience. I am very disappointed because Clarissa had convinced me to begin with to at least try to keep this bank as a savings, and I trusted her. No one else seems to care about keeping my business, and that I will not forget. Please address this with your staff, this should not be the motto you give your branch managers. I understand I am just one person, but every little bit counts they say, and there will be others after me who will be disappointed just as I am. I no longer want to directly communicate with my branch, inform them please I will make this account current and will not be opening another account after it is closed.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of midland states bank checking account from Midland States Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $60 and wants Midland States Bank to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was branch manager. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Pnc Bank. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Midland States Bank for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Midland States Bank?

Comments